I feel like chicken tonight, lets see what I have in my fridge……. Ah there is raw yogurt, cilantro, cayenne and onions. Humn that gives me an idea you might enjoy.
For this culinary adventure you will need (use all organic ingredients):
- 4 organic chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
- 8 ounces plain yogurt preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup organic fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 organic green onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (Or more, if more heat is desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped, for serving)
- 3 cups organic quinoa flakes (breadcrumbs substitute) or coconut shreds
Preparation is easy peasy:
1 In a food processor or blender, thoroughly blend the yogurt, cilantro, chopped garlic, green onion, lime zest and juice, cumin, and cayenne. Season well with salt and pepper.
2 Mix the chicken strips with the marinade and marinate overnight, stirring 3 times. In a pinch, you can marinate at room temperature for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
3 Coat the chicken thoroughly in the quinoa flakes or coconut shreds. Place on a lined, lightly greased baking sheet and roast at 375 in the oven until cooked through, about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
4 Serve chicken sprinkled with cilantro.