This is a delightful recipe that I whipped up in a flash trying to experiment with new things for our family to have an occasional sweet treat. There is nothing yummier then cake in a small bar filled with organic preserves. Although I made it gluten free for my son to be able to enjoy you don’t have to!
For this recipe you will need:
1 box of organic yellow cake gluten-free mix or you can use 1 cup of coconut flour and ½ cup of almond flour. If you are using the coconut and almond flour it makes this a vegan treat.
2 1/2 cups Organic Raw Gluten Free Oats
1 cup of organic applesauce instead of butter or ¼ cup of organic raw coconut oil
3/4 cup of organic coconut oil
12 ounces of homemade organic Preserves or store-bought but watch the sugar content in this.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine cake mix, and the oats in a large bowl; stir in the applesauce and coconut milk until the mixture is grainy.
- Measure half of this mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Press into pan to cover the bottom.
- With a spoon place your preserves over the cake mixture in the pan and spread evenly.
- Cover the preserves with the remaining cake mixture.
- Make sure all is nice and even on top.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, until top, is lightly browned.
- When cooled, cut into bite-sized bars or larger snack bars.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for p to 5 days.
- What Foods are Bad for You with Celiac Disease? (glutenfreemommyandme.com)
- Things like this make Gluten Hard to Avoid! (glutenfreemommyandme.com)
[…] Organic Vegan Gluten Free Cake Fruit Bars […]