Is there a cold or flu virus lurking around the corner? Did you go to the store, open up the refrigerated section, and then rub your eyes a few minutes later?
It’s incredible how easily we are exposed to nasty viruses and bacteria. All it takes is for Joe Shmoe to sneeze and cough right on the handles of the store refrigerators, and then you come strolling along utterly unaware that the door handles are covered in yuck. You open them, get your goods and go on your merry way. A few minutes later, you robotically rub your eyes or nose, and presto – the connection is made. Those nasty germs are on their way into your body.
First, let me lovingly say that if you are a Joe Shmoe, please do us all a favor and COVER YOUR MOUTH when you cough or sneeze. Carry a pack of tissues with you so you can use them and discard them as needed. Also, be sure to cleanse your hands after each explosion of germs. It’s very irresponsible and inconsiderate to know that you’re sick and sneeze and cough all over the place without covering up and washing your hands afterward. You are promoting sickness in the community of pregnant moms, babies, young adults, parents, the elderly, and those with chronic or debilitating illnesses.
So what are some things you can do to reduce your chance of getting sick and or help you if you do get sick? What I am going to say might shock you, but it’s often overlooked.
Yes, if and when your body is under attack, you must sleep. Ensure you are getting at least 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night, although 9 hours is ideal, especially when the body is under stress. Your body can survive for days and days without food, but your organs can start to shut down after just five days without sleep. So please get your rest if you can; it’s imperative.
Another essential factor is water intake. Your body needs water at least 8 to 10 glasses a day to function correctly. You can also multiply your weight by 2/3 (or 67%) to determine how much water you should be drinking. Your brain alone is composed of over 75% water. Not to mention the rest of your body consists of about 60% water.
Just think of a raisin all shriveled up. That could be your brain or your lungs, you know. It’s actually been studied that people with asthma who drink more water and stay hydrated have fewer attacks. So hydration with good old water is critical at all times. Also, make sure to adjust your water intake if you are exercising or doing strenuous activity.
Now to the other stuff.
Before I start giving you what I use, let me clarify that if you want to be healthy, you have to act like you’re trying to get healthy. Yes, organic herbs and supplements can help a body under attack, but you must deal with the problem from the inside out and not simply treat a symptom. You also have to consider if anything around you could be affecting you or causing your health symptoms.
If you eat a diet mainly of processed foods and do not take additional enzymes, probiotics and minerals you are going to run your body down and in turn have a weakened immune system that will fall prey to any and every viral or bacterial infection floating in the air.
A healthy diet is a key to maintaining a robust immune system. A healthy diet can vary for each person depending on allergies food sensitivities and leaky gut issues but it should always be comprised of at least 5 to 8 servings a day of each of these categories; raw fruits, raw and steamed vegetables, leafy greens, sprouted seeds, nuts, and sprouted gluten-free and whole grains.
Healthy fats like avocadoes, pure extra virgin olive oil, fish oil, and grass-fed meats are also essential.
Although diet is a big part of our health, it is not everything. If you work around radiation 247 and eat organic food, you can still get pretty sick because of what you are being exposed to. So always keep an open mind about your health.
OK, now that I got that out of the way, let’s talk about my health cocktails. I have all kinds of cocktails: bath cocktails, breakfast cocktails, immunity cocktails; you name it, I’ve got it. Please pull up a stool at my bar, and let’s roll.
– Some of the foods, ingredients & herbs I use in my emergency cold and flu cocktails are:
Organic Olive Leaf, Organic Lemon Balm, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Thyme, Greens and Grasses in smoothies, Colostrum, Organic Herbal Baths, Organic Powdered Rose hips (Non GMO Vitamin C), vitamin D3, herbal salts, SBOs(soil based organisms) Organic Cayenne Powder, Organic herbal antiviral antibacterial tinctures & glycerites.
– Want to boost immunity? Prepare a smoothie with organic leafy greens like dandelion, romaine lettuce, moringa leaf, and wheatgrass. We drink a powerful green smoothie every morning for breakfast and add powdered organic rosehips.
– Making pasta be sure to crush lots of fresh garlic. If you have a mortar and pestle, make a paste with a pinch of powdered cayenne pepper and toss it over your cooked pasta with some pure olive oil. Garlic is a fantastic antiviral and anti-inflammatory herb. Cayenne has been used for years as a nasal decongestant and has been used for centuries to treat asthma, fevers, sore throats, respiratory infections, cardiac issues, and digestive problems.
– Take a bath in thyme as it helps when the body is fighting a cold or flu.
– Got the stuffy’s and congested? I enjoy using an organic winter balm that I make. It is gentle but effective for rubbing on a congested chest and feet. I use organic oils of almond and coconut to make it, along with a few anti-inflammatory herbs. For some great remedies for sinusitis and nasal congestion, click here.
– Another fantastic food to keep on hand is Organic, Unrefined Coconut Oil. Coconut Oil does not contain Trans-Fats, is Gluten-Free, Non-Toxic, Hypoallergenic, and contains Antibacterial, Antiviral, Antifungal, and Anti-parasitic healing properties. Coconut oil is a fantastic way to aid and support our overall Immune System functions. We add it to smoothies, coffee, and tea.
– I also have found that drinking herbal tea several times a day with a few of my immunity-boosting herbs is a beautiful way to stay healthy and aid the body during sickness. But if teas are not your thing or you don’t have time, you might consider making a tincture or a glycerite. A tincture is a liquid extract of an herb. It is made by soaking herbs in drinkable alcohol. Tinctures are super concentrated herbal concoctions. You only need a few drops several times a day. Tinctures work because they are made in a base of alcohol like Vodka or Brandy, which breaks down the herbs and pulls out the medicinal qualities. You can use organic coconut glycerin for nonalcoholic herbal extracts, which makes it safe for children and pregnant women.
– Weekly consumption of Vitamin D3 is critical during cold and flu season. Just make sure you choose a supplement that uses vitamin k, as this helps with absorption.
– One last thing to remember is that green is suitable for most people. Some people have digestive issues and cannot tolerate raw greens, so working on the gut first will help you digest greens better.
The more green you consume, the better for your overall health. Don’t skimp on leafy green salads with fresh garlic and homemade dressing.
This came at a perfect time because I am sick. There are so many options I need help. Do you sell the stuff already made up to use.?I would love to have some of your Winter Balm BUT I think I need more. You have such valuable information and products. I need more of the balm that I used for the spider bite too.
Aww I am sorry you are sick. I started to get something too and for a day or so felt really horrible but immediately began my routine and am feeling so much better. I started to get sick believe it or not because I had been averaging about 4 hours of continued sleep a night and was around so many sick people that my poor body was just beat down. I also had a rough week and was not eating right and had run out of my greens and organic veggies. So during that week I was hit hard. That is why it’s so important to eat right and sleep right as much as possible because we never know when our body is going to face a sickness.
I am so glad that Moms Miraculous salve helped you with your spider bite. I have more in stock and I will email you later today about extra things you can take immunity wise. I will get you the free sample of Mariana’s Winter balm this week along with a new order of M.M.Salve while your at school. But you might also want to use my Bare to Butter since now that your bite is healed the Shea Butter will really help with any scaring left. The small tin is $5 like the MMSalve.
Talk to You soon!
God Bless You and keep you today and always!
I really enjoyed viewing this site. It’s very informative. I am looking forward to trying your recommendations. As a new mom it’s very overwhelming and with what’s going on now with doctors and all these medications I really, don’t want any part of it. I’m searching for a better and healthier way to care for my baby , husband n myself. Thank you so much for this new enlightment.
Thank You for your comment! I know it’s hard when you are a mommy for the first time. It seems like you have so much to figure out and take care of. But take courage, there are many of us who have been through those rough years and have since had more children. There is no quick solution to living a healthier life, so don’t get overwhelmed. Just start making little changes in your diet and overall health habits. A little piece of advice if I may. You know your family and your child better than any other person or medical professional ever will. In that light remember to take anything that is recommended for you and your family as a suggestion and research it for your self if at all possible. Then you will be able to make informed decisions about the health of your family. If it were up to some people my husband would be on several meds a day to fix a serious, debilitating health condition that is now non existent thanks God hearing our prayers and equipping me to research, question and make serious diet changes.
Knowledge is power, but knowing how to use it is even more powerful
May God bless you with wisdom and refresh your soul so you don’t feel overwhelmed. If I may help you with anything let me know.