I had the pleasure of meeting Author and Attorney Alan Bell recently. We spoke for quite some time after he signed a copy of my book. He was a prominent attorney in Florida when all of a sudden he became very sick with all sorts of symptoms that baffled his doctors and his family. His story is a story of pain, suffering, and triumph. His story tells the remarkable ordeal he endured for years as he sought to find an answer to the mysterious illness that was plaguing him.
NOTE FOR MCS COMMUNITY – Several people in the online MCS community have noted that reading the book was difficult and in some cases impossible because of the materials used in the printing and binding of the book. Please note that you may have to let this book air (off-gas) for quite some time before reading it. Perhaps Alan will consider reprinting with MCS safe materials so that chemically injured people will have access to his book.
I believe that his book is a valuable tool for clinicians, scientists, parents, teachers and anyone who truly cares about human health.
Time is not on our side. Each year more and more people are adversely affected by the chemicals in our environment. This is not something new. Scientists and health advocates have known about chemicals and biotoxins injuring the human body for decades yet still in this great nation of ours we have no laws to protect us.
I hope that Alan’s book is read across America and that it sparks a social outcry. People in the MCS community and others who have been injured by toxic mold and chemicals need to be heard, supported and helped.
As an injured community we need to have resources at our disposal. We need to find donors who will fund and support campaigns aimed at educating the public, lobbying and assisting those who have no recourse or options for treatment and medical care. We also need to have establishments understand possible violations as it pertains to the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
It breaks my heart when I hear of a family with young children living in a car or homeless because of toxic mold or chemicals in their home or workplace.
Yet sadly this is a reality I hear about all too often. Although I have no funding to offer as many who are sick and struggling I do offer my support and help as much as possible to those who are hurting, especially to mothers suffering from MCS and similar illnesses.
There is always something we can do, regardless of our financial and social status. That is why I passionately keep up with this blog and with various support groups. There is so much to do here. If we all pitch in we can make a tremendous impact.
Thank you again, Alan, for your impact. Thank you for staying the course and for emerging out of the darkness that enveloped you for so long.
May the work of your hands be blessed.
To find out more about Alan Bell’s new book please click here and read the excerpt below.
“After years of prosecuting hard-core criminals, rising legal star Alan Bell took a private sector job in South Florida’s newest skyscraper. Suddenly, he suffered such bizarre medical symptoms, doctors suspected he’d been poisoned by the Mafia. Bell’s rapidly declining health forced him to flee his glamorous Miami life to a sterile “bubble” in the remote Arizona desert.
As his career and marriage dissolved, Bell pursued medical treatments in a race against time, hoping to stay alive and raise his young daughter, his one desperate reason to keep going. He eventually discovered he wasn’t poisoned by a criminal, but by his office building. His search for a cure led him to discover the horrifying truth: his tragedy was just the tip of the iceberg. Millions of people fall ill and die each year because of toxic chemical exposures―without knowing they’re at risk.
Stunned by what he discovered, Bell chose to fight back, turning his plight into an opportunity. Despite his precarious health, he began collaborating with scientists dedicated to raising awareness about this issue. Soon, he also found himself drawn back into the legal field, teaming up with top lawyers fighting for those who had already fallen ill.
Both a riveting medical mystery and a cautionary tale, this book puts a human face on the hidden truths behind toxic dangers assaulting us in our everyday environments―and offers practical ways to protect ourselves and our children. ” Source